Without the Chamonix Guides, the mountains we love so much would be a far more inhospitable place. Through their skill, experience and dedication they allow us to explore our spectacular landscape in relative safety and hence the celebration of the great work they do.
The Fete des Guides celebration provides a whole raft of entertainment and fun throughout the Chamonix Valley, starting on 12th Agust at Lavancher, with the main event taking place on Wednesday 15th August (2018) down by the Lac les Gaillands on and around the main climbing area (more on this further down the page) where their extraordinary skills are brought to life in a spectacular way.
Whilst the main spectacular is at the Gaillands, there are a number of other events that you might like to go and sample and enjoy:
- 12th August 2018 – Lavancher – 10:00Hrs to 19:00 – Fete des Pain followed at 19:00Hrs by a rustic dinner and concert at 20:00Hrs
- 13th August 2018 – Les Houches (Lac Chavants) – 15:00Hrs to 18:00Hrs to free animations for children followed by drinks and music at 18:30Hrs. Films thereafter in the centre from 20:30Hrs
- 14th August 2018 – Argentiere – 09:00Hrs to 13:00Hrs climbing storytellers and zip line for children. 17:45Hrs the traditional guides ceremony followed by the L’Echo du Buet 19.30Hrs and 20:15Hrs a concerts with Swing Vertical Trio (Jazz), Les Refugies de Lognan (reggae) and Wild Camelot (Rock). 22:00Hrs Fireworks before a DJ will see you well into the night.
From 8.15 pm: festive evening concerts.
- 14th August 2018 – Servoz – 14:00Hrs to 17:00Hrs climbing for the children with donations to the Chamonix Guides Relief Fund
- 14th August 2018 – Gaillards (Chamonix) – see below